- 2017-06-12: Projects
- I made a handle-less hammer with brass and plastic heads for tapping things into position in a lathe chuck or seating parts in a mill vice.
- 2017-06-11: SMBC
- SMBC Schedule change. The June 25th destination is now Brian’s in Los Gatos. Also, Rob has a new bike.
- 2017-06-06: DR650
- I can now remove the saddle of my dr650 without using any tools. I also see I haven’t ridden the dr650 very much in the last year: only 1400 miles. I’ll blame a wet fall/winter/spring.
- 2017-06-02: Projects
- I finished making a lathe banjo for my mini-lathe. The OEM change gear bracket was a pain to adjust. The banjo design is roughly based upon the bracket used on my last lathe.
- 2017-05-30: R1200GS
- I installed the replacement clutch switch I ordered last week.
- 2017-05-28: Projects
- I made some screws for the side covers of my dr650. These can be removed without the need for the proper screwdriver.
- 2017-05-28: SMBC
- It’s not every post breakfast gabfest that you get serenaded by bagpipes.
- 2017-05-26: BBQ and Campout
- Brent Hansen of Brent’s Motorcycle Works writes:
My wife Sue and I are hosting a weekend [June 17-18] get together and campout at our place in Sebastopol – all makes and models welcome. Clean out your garage and bring along any old bike parts to swap or sell. Definitely bring your old Beemer out to show and tell, and enjoy a ride on some of the best motorcycle roads around. Late afternoon dinner on Saturday (around 4pm), later evening snacks around the campfire for those staying the night, and coffee and hot drinks Sunday morning with breakfast pastries. We have plenty of flat green space for camping and relaxing, and the stars will be bright with a quarter moon. Cost is $15 per person which covers drinks, meals and camping. Please rsvp to email@example.com so we can get some idea of numbers for dinner and overnight. Come join us!
575 Duer Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472 (415) 342-3352
- 2017-05-24: Projects
- I made some thumb screws for the gear cover of my lathe. No more reaching for the wrong wrench to remove the cover.
- 2017-05-23: SMBC
- Three SMBCers went to Patricks Point for a campout and Sunday jaunt into Southern Oregon.
- 2017-05-21: SMBC
- Riders Gallery update. Breakfast at Brian’s and the ride after.
- 2017-05-19: MWR
- A few mid-week riders said good-bye to Alberto at lunch in Santa Cruz. Next Friday he’s leaving for Alaska as a warm up for his ride to South America later this summer.
- 2017-05-16: Projects
- The last several days I’ve been working on a hand crank for my lathe. I finished making it this afternoon.
- 2017-05-15: SMBC
- Riders Gallery update. Mothers Day breakfast at the Country Inn
SNAFU is run by:
Marco S. (Marc) Hyman