battery/clock

When I started my R1150RT yesterday morning it was in the upper 30s outside,
probably a few degrees warmer in the garage.  The bike cranked 4 or 5 times,
then stopped.   I hit the starter a second time and the bike cranked another
3 or 4 times and then started up.

The strange thing is that during this the clock reset to 0.  It's as if battery
power was completely lost for a bit.

I had a few stops to make close by resulting in stopping and starting
the bike another 2 times with less than a mile between starts.  No
problems starting the bike any of those times which leads me to believe
the battery is just fine.

Wonder what made the clock reset?

// marc