Re: Shocks

In a message dated 12/2/03 11:42:00 AM Mountain Standard Time,
BeemerGary2@xxxxxxx writes:

> When I purchased my new R1150GS earlier this year, the first modifications
> made were to install an aftermarket seat and Ohlin shocks.

BeemerGary,

What seat did you go with, how many miles do you have in that particular
saddle, and how would you rate it at this point?

I'm at 36,000 with the stock seat and shocks, and typically do a couple of
5,000 or 6,000 mile trips each year. I figure by the time my ass hurts that bad,
it's time to grab a beer and a burger anyway. Having said that, I've been
considering going to a Sargent seat... I can't see spending Ohlins money on a
shock, regardless of how good it works. That's one of those products that I
simply can't find the justification for the outrageous cost when you look at what
it cost to manufacture the product.

Brian in Boulder
'01 BMW R1150GS
'02 Yamaha WR426F