From: <R11rider@xxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: Subject: ** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **

> My '94 RS was fine until 40K miles when I bottomed out the front shock on
a bumpy road.  I replaced the OEM Showa with a Works front shock.  It has
been great.  The bike now has 100K + miles...probably time for a rebuild.
At 65K miles an Ohlins was added to the rear.  The bike's handling felt
better than new w/both shocks.  Handling is, after all, what I like about
this bike. It was the best money I spent on the bike, but prices were a lot
cheaper then for an Ohlins.  I'm glad to hear the newer OEM shocks are much
better.  Happy New Year!