R1150RT mods

I have a 95 R1100RSL with a Works front shock and Ohlins Rear Shock. I
have Speigler braided brake lines and EBC HH brake pads. I have been
running this combo for about 30000 miles. Original shocks had 30000 and
were shot. I tested a 2002 R1150RT this fall with about 10,000 miles
showing. My bike handled much better and my brakes were more effective
and had better modulation that the hew RT bike. The RT was more
comfortable but just didn't work as well in the corners. I swapped bikes
with a FZ1 rider for 20 miles and he commented on how good my bike was
in the corners.

I did use a Two Brothers exhaust for a couple years but removed it
because on quality issues and the need for frequent repacking. I was
fairly loud but had a good sound. I dynoed the bike with the Two
Brothers  and with stock. The top end readings were 85.6 hp stock, 85.5
TB. Torque was 68.8 stock and 68.6 TB. There were differences of 2-4 hp
through the range but the curves crossed several times so no real
 advantage to either system on my bike. The Two Brothers mounting system
was not very secure on my bike.

Kurt Snyder
Northfield VT