Re:Bump Start an Oilhead: was: old technology

My battery on my 97 R1100RT died at Daytona several
years ago at the Bulow campgrounds. I pulled the
battery and had it checked at the BMW service trailer
and was informed that it indeed bad and they did not
have a replacement.  I called the Dayton Dealer and
found that they had one so I took a chance and put the
battery back in, put on my gear and with the bike in
2nd gear made a short run on the sand path and when I
popped the clutch the RT fired right up.  I was
surprised how easily the RT was to bump start.

Regards,
        Joel

http://search.yahoo.com/top2003