Re: old design was  oilheads-digest V1 #47

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <BAnder6125@xxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: old design was  oilheads-digest V1 #47

> In a message dated 1/6/04 3:13:14 PM, gregpt@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > do you folks look at the bmw bike ads?  where did the 'cruiser' come
from?
> > i think corporate bmw would love to be HD but they don't get it.
> >

> Cycle World (Feb. issue) writes about the European motorcycle press voting
> the BMW R1200CL "Dog of the Year". Apparently France's 'Moto Revue'
> essentially
> said: "What do you expect? It's designed for the American market."

That's a laugh considering Harleys are pretty popular in Europe, and they
don't ride them because they are 'home grown'.  I not a Harley fan, but I'm
not going to be a BMW shill either.

 The Suzuki
> GSX R1000 won bike of the year.
> I've got to admit that the 1200CL is a bit of a woofer.

No one makes a motorcycle worthy of my ass =).  I love the RT, but ...let's
see what's on the horizon.

> Bruce   '94 R1100RS

This has been a very spirited and interesting discussion.  You tech heads
lost me a few times though :)

John H. Outlan CPA
407-924-2727
321-415-0234 (Fax)