RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

<<< -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Steve Makohin

I suspect that BMW Motorrad also stared "from the basement
as far as
sales go". Don't they all? How does this relate to our
discussion at hand? >>>

	Hi Steve, all,

	BMW started as a robust airplane engine builder. They
didn't quite start from the bottom up. Making plane engines
had to be more technical then making bikes. That is probably
how BMW got suck a good reputation; "aero space" engineers
forced to build motorcycles. There where some VERY competent
people to cull from.

<<< Apple has corporate objectives to increase _sales_, not
market share. >>>

	Making money now, rather than constantly having to reinvest
to POSSIBLY make more money latter. Makes sense to try to do
both at the same time, which BMW seems to be doing. Still
business tend to want to make money now if the can.