Re: old design

Louis F. Pechon, Jr. wrote:

<snip>

>If the latest, greatest, most reliable, high HP output, fastest, easy
>to maintain was a criteria for the motorcycle community, a Harley would only
>exist in the museum.

Hey, can we get to work on making that happen???

I was going to stop at that, but then I read the next paragraph:

>There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle, some are just better than
>others.

There may not be many bad motorcycles *mechanically* today, but there
certainly HAVE been.  AMF-era HDs, for example, certain Ducati 748s
with self-destructing camshafts.

>What makes a motorcycle good is a personal thing and can only be
>explained through passion.  If you must ask you will never understand!

No disrespect intended, but I've often thought that this old saw was
one of the dumbest statements in the history of man.  I think that
the reverse of this is more apt:  If you can't explain it, YOU don't
understand.

Sorry, I haven't gotten into one of these recently, so I can't help
myself.  :-)

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC