Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

On Wednesday, Jan 7, 2004, at 17:46 US/Eastern, ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Of course not, Making airplane engines in the "roaring 20s"
> was
> glamorous work. Making motorcycles was, well bland... >>>
>
> 	I'm missing your point, went over my head.

Powered flight was taking off (no pun intended. Really!) The Great War
as they like to call it back then advanced aviation from its infancy.
So there was money to be made in aviation. A lot more than selling
motorcycles.

Which would you rather build as an aircraft engine manufacturer? A 12
cylinder radial engine or a single cylinder motorcycle?

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special