Re: old design was  oilheads-digest V   1 #47

> PC users in general do not view Apple as a company that thinks they are
> "way cool" and have "sour grapes" because they have a dismal market
> share. Instead, they think nothing more of Apple than a company that
> makes an arguably irrelevant line of computers

yep.  you have stated the essence of both apple inc. and bmw moto.  both
appeal to niche markets, both ignore trends, both 'do their own thing' at
any cost, and both will continue with limited appeal.  if you happen to
own/use either product, and you are happy, soldier on.  butt, there are way
too many exciting choices in both markets to simply ignore.

in the end we all 'vote' with our $$ and a quick glance at what's hot should
tell you how those votes stack up.  to many that is irrelevant as marque is
the only determiner.  but some mfg's attend to those votes and continue
developing astonishing products, and that for this rider/clacker is THE
bottom line.  focusing on how long i can keep a moto running is totally
irrelevant to me.

what is important is how big a smile a ride gives me.  done the big miles,
been coast to coast/border to border, blah, blah.  for me, the fun is in the
corners not the interstates or blue roads, and that leads me to ride other
vendor's products, to my limits.  wish it could be a bmw, but at the end of
the day, i really don't care.

gt
or