Niche player; was...something else

Bob Minor responded to Robert:

>><< Maybe BMW wants to remain a niche player selling underpowered
>>motorcycles at
>>inflated prices. The difference between Ducati and BMW who both have
>>high prices on their high end models is that Ducati delivers a bike
>>with significant power, not so for BMW. As far as sport touring models
>>go, Ducati's ST4 is less expensive than BMW K1200RS or R11RS. The same
>>goes for Aprilia, another niche player.
>
>Robert, Am I missing something here????  With that opinion how can
>you possibly own two?

Notice that neither of them are new?  As a previous owner of one of
his, and current owner of one like the other of his, I would opine
that with respect to new offerings, BMW has not done anything to keep
me in the fold.

I would unkindly maintain that Robert's two bikes were more on par
with the competition (however you define it) when they were built
than any of BMW's current models are today.

We own what we like and wait for what we want, and (speaking at least
for myself) I hope that BMW makes something that I want in the future.

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC
Suppose we can get a national recall?