RE: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

Find one anecdote where a BMW owner with a bike less than 20 years old had to wait four months for a part. One incidence of such a wait is evidence enough for me that a Ducati does not qualify as a bike I would depend on for daily transportation.

As I remember, my dentist was told his parts had to be sent from Italy.  The problem is not the dealer network per se, but that the Ducati factory does not support the dealers by maintaining an adequate inventory of spare parts in this country.

<<That is anecdotal data at best. A poor turn-around on parts orders
reflects badly on the dealer network, that says nothing of the bike's
reliability for daily use.

Your friend needs to stop dropping his bikes.

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special>>