Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

In a message dated 1/10/04 2:36:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, MinorB@xxxxxxxx
writes:
<<Find one anecdote where a BMW owner with a bike less than 20 years old had
to wait four months for a part. One incidence of such a wait is evidence
enough for me that a Ducati does not qualify as a bike I would depend on for daily
transportation.>>

    There are a lot of F650 owners who have had their bikes tied up in the
dealerships for months. Also guys with transmission and rear drive failures on
the R1150's and LT's have experienced some long waits. My R1100S sat in the
shop for 5 weeks waiting for the approval of a transmission replacement, then
waited for the trans to arrive, then the dealer tore the threads out of the
swingarm and had to get another one. Total lost time almost two months. I missed a
vacatioon and a paid-up track day with the bike. (a friend loaned me a bike
for the track day.)

Tom Cutter