Re: oilheads-digest V1 #49

> No, not at the "end of the road". But 100 rwhp is a tall order
> for the 1200 twin.

aah, don't think other mfg's would agree with that assessment as it is
commonly available.

> Don't know about "we".
> I prefer lighter. But some like the road-hugging weight.  :)

you owe it to yourself to ride a bike with a low CG.  after you do that,
comment on the CG of the bmw boxers.

> Variable ergonomics, heated grips etc. Nice touches.

indeed, but now commonly available, thanks bmw.

> Not really. It's still the boxer twin. Nothing's really changed.
> They've just been tweaking the same engine configuration.

yes they do keep 'tweakig' but it does not seem to produce much.  other
mfg's seem to be able to 'tweak' and produce prodigious amts of RWHP while
adding many nice features, some of which were pioneered by bmw.

times change, engineering either chooses to move along or loose the base
customer, like me who has had several beemers.

gt
or