Re: They killed the airhead

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco S Hyman"

| Heh... if my memory is correct they killed the airhead more than once.
| Remember the "last edition" that wasn't? ........    I thought
| the reason the airhead went away had more to do with european and
california
| emission requirements than the desires of BMW.

I believe the airhead and then the oilhead continued because of consumer
demand.  As to the demise of the airhead, it had to do with emissions plus
manufacturing cost.  The old design sand-cast blocks required much labor to
turn into a useable product.  The new production methods are actually less
expensive.

Tim Bard