Re: Recent list discussions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <rennsport@xxxxxxxxx>

| On Friday, Jan 16, 2004, at 17:34 US/Eastern, beemerphile1 wrote:
| > .  You
| > complain that BMW doesn't take risks and yet you complain about their
| > "engineering gone amuck".  It sounds to me like you don't know what you
| > want.

| Well there is taking risks and then there is building a solution in
| search of a problem. Linked brakes is that solution. linked brakes adds
| unnecessary complexities to the design.
| Robert

Robert, linked brakes actually have been around for a long time on bikes in
one form or another.  They provide a valuable safety advantage for the rider
who is not Joe racer but is the average cyclist who only rides a few miles
once in a while.  By the way, your car has them.

As to unnecessary complexity; I suppose some small minded person probably
said that about tires with air in them.  How about transmissions, another
unnecessary complexity when one gear will do.  My point is that although a
system may not work well in its first generation, that does not make it a
bad idea.  I personally don't want linked brakes and do not have them.
Freedom of choice.

Tim