Re: Recent list discussions

On Friday, Jan 16, 2004, at 22:25 US/Eastern, beemerphile1 wrote:

> Robert, linked brakes actually have been around for a long time on
> bikes in
> one form or another.

Yes and the technology took the motorcycle world by storm, NOT!  Moto
Guzzi had it, then forgot about it. Honda flirted with it on one bike?

>   They provide a valuable safety advantage for the rider
> who is not Joe racer but is the average cyclist who only rides a few
> miles
> once in a while.

You mean the average guy who has never taken an MSF course and does not
know proper braking techique. Linked braking is just covering up the
average rider's lack of skill. Is that useful? I doubt it.

>  By the way, your car has them.

Your point is? We were are discussing motorcycles.

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special