Re: I have one question and a statement

On Saturday, Jan 17, 2004, at 11:31 US/Eastern, Steve Makohin wrote:

>  Imagine an R1150R with more juice than
> a K1200RS at a fraction of the weight.

Now this I would buy.

> Anticipated downsides to this approach include:
>
>  o Reduction of reliability?

Not enough for me to worry about.

>  o Increased insurance premiums?

Not where I live. State Farm does not care how much H is produced. They
just want to know what the displacement is and what you paid for it.

>  o Increased fuel consumption would make BMW's blown boxers appear to
>    be gas guzzlers (against BMW's "green" image)

I would let BMW worry about their "green" image. Although all one has
to do is look to the auto division and see how many gas guzzlers BMW is
producing to know that image is not all that green

>  o World-at-large may perceive this move as an "admission" that BMW is
>    incapable of creating "modern" motorcycles, and must resort to
>    supercharging their "old tech" engines to get them up to current-
>    day output levels.

This could happen and they may be right...

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special