Re: DOT 5, Crashes, and anything but pushrod vs OHC

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "McRuss" <wtrrtw@xxxxxxxxx>

| If there was a wish list, I'd wish Robert and his antagonizers (actually,
I'm not sure who is the antagonizer) would take it private.

Russ and all, if I have offended, I apologize.  I never intended to become a
contributor to the wear and tear on the lister's delete key.  I am returning
to lurk mode.

| I credit lack of ABS for saving me in a particularly nasty crash. ...  I
simply locked the brakes and went down on the right side, sliding into the
rear of the Ford station wagon.  ...  IF I had had ABS, I would have
remained upright and would have hit the rear of the wagon with enough force
to throw me either into the rear window or over the top.
| Do I advocate throwing the bike down in an impending crash?  Absolutely
not!  Rubber gives much better traction (friction) than metal, plastic or
flesh.

| Russ Locke
| MSF Rider Coach

Russ, I am glad you added the last part about not advocating "throwing the
bike down".  I see you are an MSF coach, so I am sure you are aware that the
MSF teaches that one should stay upright until impact in order to make
maximum use of the brakes.  The object is to reduce speed and thus reduce
the severity of the impact.  Of course swerving and avoiding impact is
preferable.

Tim
beemerphile1@xxxxxxxxxxx