RE: Weird ABS Behavior

Huh, I thought they all did that. <G> Seriously, mine makes a slight
grinding noise when calibrating at first startup, and again after a fast
stop. It's been that way for the roughly three years and 40K miles that I've
owned it.

Linda, have you tried the loooonnng version of the ABS reset described on
page 72 of
http://ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/R11Manual/Oilhead_Maintenance_2-25-02.pdf
or http://tinyurl.com/32gv4 ?

I had a persistent fault that would not go away until I did a 60 second
reset. No problems over several months since I did that.

Cheers,

Bob Covey
Thousand Oaks CA
96 R1100RT  Very Red
IBMWR, MOA, RA, BMWRT.COM

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."