Re: Poor gas mileage

>I have a '95 R1100R with a catless Remus exhaust and the catcode plug
>pulled. My mileage is only 17,000 and gas mileage is about 32-35 mpg.My
>mechanic tells me I should replace my throttle cables. He synced the
>throttle bodies, but the mileage is still low and tells me that the
>throttle bodies aren't staying in sync which is causing the low gas
>mileage. Collective wisdom would be appreciated. Will replacing the cables
>make a difference? Would a potentiometer? Would a tan catcode plug?
>TIA.
>Peter

Well, my first question is when did you notice the gas mileage was
32-35?  Was it that low from day one?  My stock R1100R got around
35-38 in commuting conditions.

One day, I pulled the cat code plug and ran for a few tanks and
discovered that the mileage was ~32 - consistent with what you are
experiencing.  I put the cat code plug back.

HTH
Wayne