Re: 400 # Mille & road hugging weight

 > A STOCK 2000 Mille R  weighs around 417 lbs. according to Bike, Ride, Cycle

As you noted the weight changed from year to year.  According to specs
I found its 183 kg for the Mille R, 187 kg for the Mille, and 185 kg for
the new Mille R Factory.   Or in US units 403, 412, or 408 pounds.  That
is *dry* weight.   No wet weight was given.   All are in line with the
417 number you used.

 > new Mille Factory, which is comparable to this model is 407 dry according to
 > Aprilia's website.

They round differently than I did :-)

 > The published weight of my '04 RT is under 600 lbs.  I normally ride with a

Dry.   Wet is something like 617 *without bags*.   Got to read the fine
print to see that without bags kicker.   Surprised me.

// marc