RE: Poor Gas Mileage

	I found the CO pot alone was not as dramatic as when I put the
jumper setting on the bike.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Brown
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 5:07 PM
To: BMW Oilhead List
Subject: Poor Gas Mileage
Suggestion: Get a Pot. (BMW Part Number and info at IBMWR) Try no
CCP with a
Pot and see if that solves it.   This is the configuration for
BMW markets
that don't require catalytic converters.  Properly set up bikes
generally
run very well with aftermarket exhausts and no CCP.   Again, it
won't matter
a whole lot how you set the Pot.  Just set it for the smoothest,
smokeless
idle.  The setting will not affect running at other than idle
speed, but the
PRESENCE of the Pot. without the CCP, will certainly affect the
entire fuel
curve.