Re: Battery

 > as had people here.  The sort of charger that is suitable being shockingly
 > expensive, I opted to go one more cycle of an old-style battery, on the

The BMW branded version of the Deltran Battery Tender for *all* battery
types is, I believe, 89.99.   The version with different programming
that doesn't include the "programming for BMW gel batteries" statement
on the case is 79.99.   Not what I'd call "shockingly expensive".

This is the 3rd charger I've bought in the last 30 years and one
of the three is for my 6V /2.   If I keep the new charger for my
typical 15 years it will cost me $6/year.

// marc