RE: ccp replacement

At 2:27 PM -0500 2/2/04, pjminkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I have decided to take the easy path to try to correct my bad mpg problem
>and replace my ccp which I had taken out when I put on the remus exhaust.
>Two problems: 1. I don't remember the steps to take to reset the computer
>so that it will recognize the plug, and 2. I can't find my ccp. I remember
>something about turning the throttle with the engine off a couple of times,
>but can't remember what else is necessary. If any of you know the magic
>required, please let me know. Also, if anyone has a pink ccp lying around,
>I'd like to take it off your hands. Otherwise, I'll just get a new one from
>the dealer.
>TIA
>Peter
>http://mail2web.com/ .

If it's like my GS... you:

0. Turn off bike, turn key to OFF.
1. Pull fuse No. 5 and leave it out for five minutes.
2. Put fuse back in.
3. Turn Key to ON, and slowly rotate the throttle from full closed to
full open, back and forth a couple of times.
4. Key back to OFF, then start as normal and go for a ride.

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '87 R80, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"