Re: Wish List

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "BMW Oilhead List" <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:05 PM
Subject: Wish List

I can feel a thread developing.  :)

> The 45 degree Harley V-Twin?   They have 60 HP,
> but lots of low end torque.  An unbelievable amount.

The Harley -does-  embody the term tractor motor.

>Why would anyone pay for all those extra cubes?   Heritage?
Nope.  TORQUE.

Interestingly, one of the Harley's appeal is probably that it's a
very novice friendly bike.
The Harley motor and bike layout require very little skill to
ride. It's very much a low performance-type ride. Not
intimidating at all. Easily apppeal to novices looking for
credibility by osmosis.  Plus there's the whole image thing.

I may be way off base with this, but. . .The typical Harely rider
looks at each bike and selects the one he can afford and the one
that comes closer to matching his self-fantasies. The  typical
sport touring rider chooses the bike that more closely matches
his riding needs.

>Why do I need liquid cooling again?

Liquid cooling would be a big plus for the Boxer.
Allow to build with tighter tolerances ie less
expansion-contraction.
Also allow to more easily pass emissions ratings.
Liquid cooling with a fan works well.
Engines run hotter today then 20 years ago.
Liquid cooling does a better job of addressing this.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides