Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

> Why can't the link system be programmable?

Good question!

Theoretically, a smart system could do the following.
- - when using the brake pedal, it applies the rear brake only
- -as soon as the rear activates ABS, it transfers braking to front
- -as long as the rear triggers ABS, it increases braking to front

By initially applying brake to rear, it shifts weight to front
tire (loading it).
But while all this is happening, you're probably nowhere close to
threshold braking.
Time and distance are being wasted.
Just a thought.

For years, enthusiast drivers would snub automatic transmissions
saying that they provided less control for the skilled driver.
Especially under less than ideal traction conditions.

Now, I've been brought up with the heel and toe school of
downshifting and so can relate to this. But while I agree that
automatic transmissions do provide the driver with less control,
I've been driving automatic for years now.

Not saying that there's a direct correlation. Just a thought.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides