Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

On 2/17/04 7:18 PM, Greg gregpt@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> You must be talking about some new fangled
>> modern technique like using the front brake :-)
>>
>> // marc
>

>yur'right marc.  practice panic braking.  you know, the tires are squealing,
>front and rear, from your aggressive application of the 4 piston monster
>brakes we all have under our control.  get comfortable with how well these
>brakes work and how much pressure you can apply without lockup.
>
>i always say 'no thanks' to someone trying to substitute some piece of
>equipment in place of a learned skill.  having control of the power in your
>brakes, without 'assistance', i believe critical to your personal ability to
>avoid the situations that always occur.  thinking that because you have
>'linked power assisted brakes' you can stop considering proper braking is
>the most likely outcome of this latest bmw 'engineering' miracle.

But wait! You don't have to be a proficient rider *OR* use newer
motorcycle technologies! You can do both! Yes, *both*! You heard right
<G>. You can have the best of *both* worlds, by following the proven,
patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider Skill and
Newer Technology." And it's so easy, you'll wonder why you didn't start
earlier. Using this patented "Two-Step Approach," you can be a proficient
rider *and* use new technologies on motorcycles. And here's the truly
great part: If you follow the patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach
to Combining Rider Skill and Newer Technology," you are at no risk of
becoming a squid, a stupid careless oaf, an SUV driver on a cell phone, a
hooligan, or other such pesky rider.

Here's how it works.

 (1) First, become an awesome rider

 (2) When a new technology becomes available, learn how to use the
     technology appropriately, and to its best advantage, but
     remember, and this is the important part, do _not_ let your
     riding proficiency slide down-hill.

There it is! The patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining
Rider Skill and Newer Technology" has already been used effectively by
thousands of riders everywhere. It starts by teaching the most hard-nosed
Luddites that they can trust pneumatic tires, even though they may have
heard reports of "flat tires" and "blow outs". We work up to building
confidence when riding motorcycles that are equipped with fancy,
pointless, electronic ignitions, and even ones with those
sometimes-intimidating fuel injection systems. In later chapters, we
teach riders how they can actually benefit from disc brakes, and how
under many conditions, disc brakes can provide better results than drum
brakes. For advanced riders, those who have been using the patented
"Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider Skill and Newer
Technology" and who feel they are ready to step up to the *big*
challenges, we teach riders how to be awesome brakers, how to retain that
awe-inspiring and essential skill, and yet, how to take advantage of the
additional safety-net provided by motorcycle ABS, all without losing
those essential braking skills they've worked so hard to develop.

All of these skills, and many, many more, are waiting for you within the
pages of the patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider
Skill and Newer Technology." If you order this beautifully bound and
illustrated book today, we will include at no additional charge, this
gorgeous set of Ginsu knives. That's a $49.95 value, and it's yours,
absolutely free, when you order the patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step
Approach to Combining Rider Skill and Newer Technology."

As a rider, you may be wondering: Just how much is it worth to me to be
able to combine a high degree of rider proficiency, and yet, try some of
those newer motorcycle technologies without me becoming a T-shirt toting
squid? Some people would say "priceless." Even at $99.99, this precious
gift would still be a bargain. But now, for a limited time, you can get
the patented "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider Skill
and Newer Technology," plus the free Ginsu knife set (a value of $49.95),
for one low, low price of only $29.95. That's a savings of over $70 off
the regular price for the brilliant book alone, *plus* you get a free set
of Ginsu knives, that's a $49.95 gift, absolutely free, when you order
the "Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider Skill and Newer
Technology" today. That's a total savings of almost $120 when you buy the
"Steve Makohin Two-Step Approach to Combining Rider Skill and Newer
Technology", for only $29.95, today. To order, call the number on your
screen, and have your Visa or American Express card ready. Operators are
standing by.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin

This posting was made purely facetiously and does not constitute a
genuine offer. It is not targeted at any specific reader. Please read
responsibly. Recommended for riders 16 plus. Do not combine this article
with others before operating heavy machinery. Readers who are on heart
medication or on a low-sodium diet should not take the traditional grain
of salt with this article.