Re: Anything but linked brakes

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "BMW Oilhead List"
<oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: Anything but linked brakes

> I admire the clever marketing ploy used by Yamaha. It was
brilliant of them
> to create the illusion that a product shortage existed: Imagine
that. A
> shortage of a Japanese product? Yeah, right!

Though it may also have been a risk. Judging by the very few
number of ST1100 sold each year in North America. Here in the
Montreal region you had to look far and wide before finding one
in the showroom. And even then, that dealer said he only sold a
couple a year. So it's hasn't been a huge market. Unlike Europe
where GT-type tourers are very popular.

But to keep it going? Yeah, clever strategy.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides