Re: Spline Lube

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Moody" <t-moody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: Spline Lube

> I had a new chain break with only 450 miles on it in 1973 on a
Honda 750.
> There was no repairing it along side the road because when it
broke it
> destroyed the crankcase of the engine.

Typical when a chain breaks at speed.

> Also not all that unheard off. That was the 5th one my dealer
had seen in 2 years.

Do you remember if it was a clip link or riveted master link on
the chain. Sometimes they install clip links which have developed
a notorious reputation for failing. I would not install a clip
link even on a less powerful bike.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929