From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:17 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: For the love of all things we hold dear, HELP!

        I'm having a REAL bad week. Drove to Daytona with my new
gell
Westco battery. Come to find my charging system was the problem.
My buddy with a K bike had jumper cables (made with an electric
cord <grin>) and once the bike was jumped, as is well. But the
bike has to be jumped every time it is shut off .
        Well I put another alternator that I had of a salvage
bike. Put
the bike on a 1 amp charger ... bike still faults the ABS. Now I
have it on a 2 amp, it won't be on 2 amps long. Did I mention my
starter makes funny noises since this fiasco? What is going on!?