Re: For the love of all things we hold dear, HELP!

In a message dated 3/2/2004 9:33:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Update: the battery (charging system) is putting out 13.7 off
> idle. The battery was reading 13.4. The starter is making more
> noise then ever. Did I mention when I jumped the bike, I jumped
> the bike to the starter? If I told you the last two weeks
> I've
> had with this bike .... <sigh>

Wouldn't it appear that the starter might be at fault the entire time?  jumping it shouldn't have been able t damage the starter.  It was probably going bad the entire time and the jump start probably just gave it the jolt to finish off going bad.

Paige