RE: Oh, My Aching Back

I've been riding for over 50 years. About 4 years ago I started to get
severe back pains on my 96 RT. My pain was primarily between my shoulder
blades and developed after an hour in the saddle. Tried everything I
could think of bar backs tried different seat heights nothing helped
including acupuncture.
When I first bought my bike I had purchased a Corbin saddle. I finally
realized there was a slot in the saddle to accommodate a BACK REST. My
BMW dealer had an extra back rest laying around his parts department and
let me borrow it. I started riding with the back rest and my feet on my
highway pegs with my back leaning against the back rest. It may not look
to COOL but my back pains are a thing of the past. It works great.

Hope this suggestion helps.

 Ken Ahrweiler
 New Hyde Park
 New York