Re: Urgently Need Help

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:01:47 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>I was removing my TFi 1030 tonight from my '02 1150RT
> because I could not get
>the bike to run right with it. Techlusion tried to help but
>nothing worked.  Sooo I pulled the tank and hooked the
>oxegen sensor back up and removed the TFi.  Now it will not
>start.  I've gone back over all electrical connections and
>fuel lines, everything seems to be attached.  What am I
>missing?  I checked the Motronic fuse, it is fine.
>
>I was actually getting the bike ready to sell
>it....supposed to deliver it the day I get back from vacation which
>starts Sat.  So I'm in a bind.

Eilenberger's Law #3 - Troubleshooting: Look where you last worked.

I though this was another Nigerian Scam from the title.

For combustion, you need spark and fuel.  Since you last worked on the
fuel part, it is likely there.

If you crank the bike for a while and pull the plug, does the plug
have gas on it?

I recommend 4 steps:

1) unplug the O2 sensor and try to start the bike.  I do not believe
the O2 sensor is required for the bike to run.

2) Check the FI wiring again. Be sure none of the pins got displaced.

3) Pull the fuse to the Monotronic for a minute or so in case it got
confused somehow.

4) Checking spark can be tricky and dangerous.  If you decide to go
that route, be sure to protect yourself from shock.  The spark
generated by the bike can be lethal.  I'd suggest pulling the plug
wire, inserting another plug, and grounding the plug to a non-painted
surface.  I'd recommend wearing heavy, leather gloves if you must hold
the plug.  Rather than do that, I'd wrap wire around the threads of
the plug and ground the wire.  Hit the started and see if you got
spark.

Good luck!