Re: 4-way switch??

At 8:08 PM -0600 3/22/04, Mark Mendel wrote:
>I installed a Kisan Signal Minder on my R1100RT.  I frequently
>forget to cancel the turn signal, so it's probably a good thing for
>me.
>
>However, it also keeps the turn signals on at low intensity as
>running lights.  That's OK, I suppose, but both turn signal
>indicators are also on at low intensity.  THAT is annoying.

Not annoying for me, just a simple verification that the running
lights are on... I wanted the running light feature more than I
wanted the self-cancelling feature.

>Fortunately, the instructions say that that can be disabled by
>"pressing and holding the Cancel switch, then pressing the 4-way
>switch".

I don't think you can have the running lights on and *not* also see
the indicators lit on the dash, they're on the same circuit, no?

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '87 R80, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"