Re: Oil Change

On Apr 8, 2004, at 21:12, Terry Cox wrote:

> And just what calculation did you use to determine that the values
> they give
> are "too tight" ????   I promise you that all the equipment at our
> Nuclear
> Plants use values based on mfgs recommendations......  The engineers
> DO know
> pretty much what they're talking about.....And the values they give are
> based on SOUND ENGINEERING PRINCIPLES >>>>>>

On a nuclear power plant I agree, follow the owner's manual. :-)  One
of those is far more critical than the oil filter on any motorcycle.

On my bike, I will snug up a drain plug or an oil filter and nothing
more. Aluminium/magnesium is a soft metal. I have done all my BMWs this
way and I have never lost a drain plug.

Robert

04 Yamaha FZ6