Barbacks and cable

Rob:

Clutch cable goes to the right rear part of the engine case.   You can see
it over there.  Turn the handlebars and look for movement of the lever down
there.  If you have movement, try rerouting the cable a bit.  I have friends
with RS's and barbacks and they don't have this problems.   You may have to
remove handlebars etc.  to get the cable where it needs to be, but it's well
worth it.  You may have a bent or pinched cable sheath by now and it may
need replacement.   This is a little time consuming, but not rocket science.
Just use enough tie-wraps to keep the cable out of mischief.

- -TB

>Clutch started slipping when I turn bars full left. I have barbacks but
just
recently started noticing problem. BMW tankbag straps aren't in the way. any
clues? will I need to ditch the barbacks or hunt a longer cable? Anyone have
a GS to trade for a nice 95 R1100RSL? at 6'4" and a bit over 300 lbs RS
doesn't fit all that well anyway.
>Rob Eggers
95 R1100RSK