Re: Ohlins shocks ... nightmare!

OK Doug.  We are almost there.  The 40 mm makes a difference because
the spring rates we are dealing with are in the order of 300 lb/inch.
I'm not sure exactly what they are, but it is something like that.  So
the preload is a bit sensitive.

But, again, you don't know what spring you have, so you don't know what
you need to but to correct the problem.  (Same boat I'm in).

My guess is the metal in the spring has fatigued so it is no longer
what it was when new.  That is a defect, but good luck getting anyone
to warranty it !

Bob Hadden '98RS