Ergos/wind solution-kinda long

Howdy All!!!

I have a 94 R1100RS since new, now with 84,000 miles
and I have a little thing I just did that I need to
share with everybody.

Since the bike was new, I rode with the bars all the
way back and rotated inward. I did this because my
arms were too short to reach past the tankbag with the
bars in any other position. I always kind wanted to
move them down because most of my BMWs were S or RS.
To cut down on turbulence I trimmed off the lip off
top off the wind shield. I always rode with full
leathers and all was well. When I wore my winter coat
crosswinds would catch it and give unwanted steering
imputs and excess fatigue. For 1990 I bought an
Aerostitch suit, which works fantastic except for one
thing. The fabric is not as aerodynamic as a leather.
With alot of wind coming around the windshield this
causes a lot of pulling on my arms and alot of fatigue
for me. I already tried the Parabellum and Aeroflow
wind shields for my bike perviously and was
dissapointed with thier performance. So I bought the
Wudo screen, the best one yet but still not good
enough. Late last season I saw the ad for the
"Dolphine" Z-Technic windshield. This the most
aerodynamic RS screen to date, but I am still having
some real arm, shoulder and upper back fatigue issues.
Meanwhile I am looking to purchase a newer machine, so
I trade with various friends on rides and became torn
between the 2002 K1200RS and the R1150GS.
Both bikes can be ridden pain-free. So the cheapest
solution is to rotate the down and forward. Last
Sunday
I put on about 400 miles about half of that in high
gusty wind. This is the solution! By tucking myself
into the fairing with this windshield I have found
happiness. It was the first time in along time I got
off the bike smiling. An added benefit is increased
steering response with my weight forward. One demerit
is I took off the GS hand guards. I may re-install
them
and see how bad the interference is and just not hit
full lock when turning around.

Steve Szelestey
94 R1100RSL
63 R27