Re: be caught dead on one (F650)

On Apr 24, 2004, at 7:47, James H. Nazarian, Ph.D. wrote:

> That depends on whether you want a real dual sport bike (F650) that can
> actually be ridden somewhere, or something that just looks like a dual
> sport.
>
> Before you decide, take them out for a test ride and ask yourself if
> you
> would like to stay aboard the machine for two weeks on a 5000 mile
> ride.

But the price of the F650 is ridiculous. For $8000, With $8000 to
spend, I would look for a used R1100GS. It has respectable power for a
dual-sport bike and is able to carry rider and passenger in comfort.

The last thing I ever want to ride is a bike that is anemic. 50 HP is
anemic, especially two-up.

Robert

04 Yamaha FZ6