Re: Fuel pump noise.

I don't think there are high odds of having fuel filter trouble at all.
  Of course a couple of people on the list have had issues, but people
go long intervals without changing these filters just like on any other
vehicle.  If you are concerned about the road side repair issue, then
the outside filter mod works well.  I don't see any down side to it
really.

Bob Hadden '98RS