Brake Pads

Brian:

>  Anyone out there know where I can get Dunlopads for my 97 RT     DP
Sport   SDP 625
thanks

I had terrific experience on my '99RT using EBC "HH" pads.  These are
available at most bike shops and catalog places.   Long wear, minimal noise
and much better friction...two fingers for most any stop.   My stock pads
required pretty big effort to haul the bike down quickly.

Before you install any new compound pad on old rotors, Windex the rotors
(don't laugh).  The ammonia removes any film left by the old pads.   Some
combinations of brake compounds really react badly and you can get lots of
brake noise and glazing on some pads if you don't clean the rotors first.  I
do this on my M3 track car and Windex seems to work the best...just the
plain blue stuff, nothing fancy.  Use clean shop rags or paper towels.  Do
this even for brand new rotors.  It will remove the rust inhibitors that
ship with new rotors too.

- -TB