Re: Gas tank

Matt:

should be fairly straight forward.

let me see if i can remember from memory.

remove seat.
remove decorative molding - three parts.
on the left hand side there is a piece that holds the air intake remove
the bolt
on the right hand side there is a large bolt that holds the tank to the
frame, remove it.

you should be able to slide the tank back a bit and then tip it up. brace
it up and then you should be able to remove the battery and install the
new one.

if you need to take the tank all the way off, you'll need to remove the
fuel hoses - right hand side and the power to the fuel pump - right hand
side as well.

it is fairly straightforward and you should be able to do it just by
looking at it.

HTH.

Ray Eydmann eydmanr@xxxxxxxx valrico, FL
96 R850R - Green Caboose - MOA  AMA GACK#5
'ride my dream machine' - Neil Young

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:32:28 -0400 "Matthew Bolduc" <bolduc@xxxxxxx>
writes:
> I am going to install my new Odyssey battery in my '00 Roadster.
>
> Can someone give me good directions as to how to safely remove /
> move the
> gas tank in order to do so?
>
> Any info will be appreciated.  Reply either off or on list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Bolduc
> Winfield, Pa.
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!