Re: damn brakes

> Sometimes I hate the power assisted brakes on my R 1150 RT.   Not
> often, but sometimes...
>
> In a shopping center parking lot I noticed someone's reverse lights
> come on and brake fast just in case.  How fast?   Too fast.  The bike
> wasn't 100% straight having just turned into the lane and when it
> stopped I was leaning to the left.   I tried to hold it for about a
> a half a second then decided that a ruptured something wasn't worth
> it and let the bike fall somewhat gently on it's left side.

I did the same on my BMW R100/7 once.

Robert S. Cascaddan
scaddan@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Author of:
Revolutionary Changes Ahead for Motorcycling
http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous.  It is, however,
extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.