R1100RS - Front Brake Master Cylinder Leak

I have a 1997 R1100RS with low miles.  It just started to leak at the
front brake master cylinder piston (where the front brake lever pushes
the piston).  Is this a rebuild item or is this a master cylinder
replacement?  Is there anything I can do to restore the slightly damaged
paint?  I just wanted a little incite while I stare at the bike on this
beautiful holiday weekend and call the dealer on Tuesday.
Thanks in advance,
Tony
1997 R1100RS