Re: Figg Newtons?

PLPKLT@xxxxxxx writes:
 > does anyone have the conversion factor to convert from the Newton-meters
 > which seems to be given in all the manuals.  I would like to turn them into
 > cookie-ft lbs....

Multily Newton-meters by 0.73756215 to get lb-ft.   Or divide by 1.3558179.
Your choice.

 > And why isn't it Kg-meters.  What does a newton weigh anyway?

Because the definition of torque is Force x Moment Arm.   A Kg is not
a measurment of force, its a mesaurement of mass.   Using good old F = ma
1 Newton (f) is defined as 1 Kg (m) times 1 meter / second squared (a).

The confusion is the use of Lb as both a measurement of mass and a
measurement of force.  Kind of like using the term oz for both both
weight and volume.

// marc