Re: Windshield for R1100R (2001)

Toby Berk writes:

> I am going to buy a windshield or fairing for my newly acquired 2001
> R1100R (has the clock in the center of the instrument cluster).

I have a '98, same clock.

> I am considering the following:
>
> National Cycle Plexistar (if they have the mounts for my bike)

Tried this, got lots of buffeting.

> *Ceebailey (if this one, don't know how wide I should get it)
> *Aeroflow handlebar fairing

Haven't tried those.

Have also tried:

- - Parabellum Scout - Works, but is big for every day use. Very small amount
of buffeting. Nice for touring.

- - Wudo fairing - Minor protection. Lots of turbulence (I'm 5'4", wind hits
my chin). But it looks so cool it is my current fairing. I have tubular bar
mounts with K1 bars.

- - National Cycle Deflector - works about as well as the Wudo, but it doesn't
look as cool.