Shocks, Clutches, etc

Bob -

Never said the same clutch . . . . . .actually, the bike is on it's 4th
clutch.  Clutch #1 was replaced at 11,000 miles , along with a new
"improved" transmission because the original transmission shifted by
itself.  Clutch #2 was replaced at 22,000 miles along with another
"improved 2nd generation" transmission because the 2nd tranny was a piece
of shit, verified by the BMW zone manager.  Up to this point all totally
paid for by BMW.  Clutch #3 was destroyed at the drag strip one evening at
about 70,000 miles after many quick runs, and I'm now on the 4th at
121,000.  Also gone through 23 complete sets of tires - tried them all and
like Avon Azaros best.  Engine is perfect - tight and as strong or stronger
than ever.  I've done spline lubes, replaced a worn out driveshaft
universal and had a fair amount of seal replacements.  But the bike has
never stranded me 'cept that night at the dragstrip which required a ride
home in the wife's pickup truck.  Just bought a new set of heated grips
because the originals don't put out much heat anymore.  My one
recommendation - do lots of oil changes, even with synthetic (which I've
used for 100,000 miles now) and fresh filter each time.  I've done 34
oil/filter changes.  I replaced the front rotors last year - totally worn
out ($120 on Ebay vs. $685 new) By the way, I keep track of all
maintenance, purchases, tires, etc. on a software program called FTWO -
"For Two Wheels Only" - it's a fantastic logbook program at www.FTWO.com -
I have no affiliation, but when I see a good product I pass it around.

Gary Bechtold
'94 Beta RS, 121k miles now
tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Gary,