  From: Pieter de Koninck
  To: BMW-OILHEADS-DIGEST
  Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 1:20 PM
  Subject: Oilhead cylinder torque

  I am sending this to the Tech list as well as the Oilheads list.

  I need to retorque one of the cylinder heads on my 99 R1100R. I read
  the procedure in the shop manual, but just to make sure I'll ask you guys.

  It looks like you do all of the four-step torquing procedure one bolt
  at a time. That is: loosen, torque, angular torque and re-torque all on a
  single bolt before moving to the next. Correct?

  Should I do both cylinders just for good measure (only one was replaced)?

  The other question is a source for an angle gauge. Sears? Pep Boys (or
  its ilk)? More specialized--do I need to hunt down the Snap-On truck?

  Thanks.

  Pieter
  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail